If you are looking to improve your UKCAT score in a short space of time, 1-day UKCAT crash courses are a great investment. They are intensive courses taught in-person by experts to help take your preparation to the next level. After reviewing the highest rated UKCAT courses, I’ve shortlisted my final picks to prepare for the UKCAT 2018 (Please note: This page is updated every year to bring you the best UKCAT courses). If you prefer to learn at our own pace have a look at my picks for online UKCAT courses.
The Uniadmissions UKCAT Crash Course is a full day course covering each section of the UKCAT, they have Oxbridge tutors that focus on the most common areas that students tend to perform less well on, for instance, time management in verbal reasoning section or techniques in identifying patterns in abstract reasoning. The ongoing support candidates receive until they take the UKCAT is impressive. Includes access to 1200+ practice questions, online lectures and email support until test day.
- The course covers each section of the UKCAT in detail. – Very comprehensive.
- Full Access to Online material – Access to online lecture, practice questions and more
- Ongoing support – even after the course you can email tutors till the day of your exam so you’re never alone or stuck. Response rate is really good!
- Free UKCAT guide – contains 1200 practice questions and advice
- 2 Full Mock Papers -free mock exams that stimulate format of the real exam.
- They offer private 1-to-1 tuition (Find out more)
- Limited spaces available – They only run 9 seminars each year (Find Out Dates)
- Currently, courses are only offered in London and Manchester.
Deal – Get £50 OFF when you book today with voucher UKCATBLOG50 at Checkout
The Kaplan UKCAT classroom course is a 2-day comprehensive course ideal for students looking for the full classroom experience, with a balance of quality in-person tuition and test-like practice resources. Over 2 days the tutors will guide you through the exam section by section, providing you with strategies to categorise and approach each question type, both at a basic and more advanced level. You will go through worked examples together as well as timed practice drills for each assessed section of the exam. Includes access to 10 hour video tutorials, 6 practice tests, focused quizzes and a live med admissions channel.
- Over 30 locations -Join classes convenient to attend (See Locations).
- The course is comprehensive – each section are covered in great depth
- 10hrs worth of video lessons
- Access to Practice Questions, mock tests and focused quizzes for targeted preparation.
- Great preparation content on the Decision Making subtest
- Personalised reports to assess progress over time
- Access to NEW med admissions channel
- Support until test day
- They offer private 1-to-1 Tuition (find out more)
- It’s not cheap. However, you definitely get your money’s worth when you consider all the additional support and tools included.
The Medic Portal UKCAT course is a full day course covering each section of the exam. Their tutors help breakdown the mechanics behind all of the different types of UKCAT questions you can expect in the exam and run through strategies to tackle each section. On the day you will receive a comprehensive workbook to make annotations as well as an electronic keypad. Courses are interactive, you will get a handheld device to electronically register your answers for all the UKCAT questions throughout the day, you can privately track how you rank against your peers!
- Over 8 locations – join class convenient for you (See Locations)
- Course is fully interactive – track and compare your practice results with peers
- Includes a comprehensive course workbook, including UKCAT practice questions.
- Detailed examination strategies for all UKCAT sections.
- The courses are tailored to results from live tests offered electronically throughout the day. Since the courses are interactive tutors can see which concepts group might be struggling and focus on difficult concepts.
- They also offer 1-to-1 tutoring (Find out more)
- Not much support provided after course.
Deal – Book Today For An Early Bird Discount at £157.50
The 6med UKCAT Crash course is another great pick, it is a full day course brought to you by experienced medical students that have helped thousands of students prepare for the UKCAT. The tutors cover strategy, tips and practice questions for each section of the exam. They also offer ongoing support until test day whether you are stuck on a question, want a critical analysis of your personal statement or need advice for interviews, they will be happy to help. Course includes 3 mocks, a UKCAT workbook and practice questions on the day.
- Courses are offered in multiple locations (See Locations)
- Access to comprehensive UKCAT workbook
- Includes access to 3 mock tests
- Get 50% OFF their UKCAT Online Tool – UKCAT Ninja. (Find out more)
- Ongoing support until test day
- They also offer private 1-to-1 Tuition (Find out more)
- Overall great course but not as much additional resources included like the other companies. However, this is reflected in its price. It is a more affordable option for students with a tight budget.