Every year I update this article to recommend the best UKCAT Books. After reading 11 of the top rated UKCAT books in the last 12 months, I’ve reviewed and compiled my final Top 3 to help you prepare for the UKCAT 2018 Exam.
As a former UKCAT candidate I know a few things about picking the right UKCAT book. Find below my recommended UKCAT books to prepare for the UKCAT…
Get Into Medical School: 1250 UKCAT Practice Questions by Olivier Picard, Laetitia Tighlit et al
The Get Into Medical School: 1250 UKCAT practice book replicates the breadth and depth of the different types of questions that can be asked in the UKCAT, which makes it an ideal preparation tool for all those who want to achieve a high score and maximise their chances of getting into the medical or dental school of their choice. With 1250 UKCAT practice questions (including a full mock exam), in-depth explanations, comprehensive tips and techniques spanning over 768 pages, this book constitutes an ideal preparation tool for the UKCAT, helping candidates save time, retain focus and optimise their score. Fully compliant with the new UKCAT format so that candidates familiarise themselves with all the potential traps that can be laid by the examiners.
The Ultimate UKCAT Guide: 1250 UKCAT Practice Questions by David Salt and Rohan Agarwal
The Ultimate UKCAT Guide: 1250 UKCAT Practice book includes 250 Verbal Reasoning questions, 100 Decision Making questions, 300 Quantitative Reasoning questions, 300 Abstract reasoning questions and 300 Situational Judgement questions. With contributions and advice from over 20 Specialist UKCAT Tutors, this is a good companion to the UKCAT and a great buy for those looking to do well in the exam. It contains powerful time-saving strategies that will allow you to answer difficult questions within the time limit as well a massive 1250 Practice Questions written in the style and difficulty of the real exam. Each question comes with fully worked solutions that guide you through the most efficient way for getting the correct answer as quickly as possible.
Score Higher on The UKCAT Practice Book: 1000 Practice Questions & Online Mock by Brian Holmes et al
The Score Higher on the UKCAT practice book is the preparation book from Kaplan. The book starts off explaining the UKCAT, its format, timing and how it is scored. The authors acknowledge each subtest and the new Decision Making section. The initial chapter also proposes key tips on how to get a high score in the UKCAT, which is really insightful and made me realise the importance to improve strategy and pace. The next chapter is a diagnostic test with 231 questions to help you identify your strengths and weaknesses before you begin to revise, the test covers verbal reasoning (VR), Quantitative Reasoning (QR), Abstract Reasoning (AR), Decision Analysis (DA) and Situational Judgement (STJ). The book has chapters dedicated to each subtest of the UKCAT with detailed examples, exercises, and timed practice sessions so that candidates can master the different question types. I also liked how the authors identified the common challenges specific to each subtest and proposed tips to overcome them which they encourage you to put into practice when attempting exercises. For example, managing time in Verbal Reasoning using the keyword approach. The book offers many other helpful tips that are specific to each subtest. The book also has a 2 hour Mock test at the end to replicate the real exam with detailed answers to review and mark yourself.
UKCAT books are great for getting familiar with the exam, however practising questions is not enough, you need a clear strategy to help improve skill. I recommend using these books in complement with my step-by-step UKCAT study guide. l’ll show you how to get the most out of UKCAT books to identify weakness, assess progress and improve skill. It is the exact strategy I used to achieve a UKCAT score In The 90th percentile…
My UKCAT study guide shares step-by-step how to get the most out of any UKCAT book and the exact strategy I used to achieve a UKCAT score in the 90th percentile, the 2017 edition was bought by 1-in-7 applicants with 100% of readers agreeing it helped improve their score and 79% of readers achieving their target score (See Testimonials). You’ll learn everything from setting your target score to exam strategies for each section of the exam. Here is what you can expect to find inside:
- How Universities Use The UKCAT (NEW)
- How to determine and set your target UKCAT score
- How to identify your weakest sections (UPDATED)
- How to prioritise sections of the exam.
- Proven exam strategies and techniques to improve your skill in each section: Verbal Reasoning, Abstract Reasoning, Decision Making, Quantitative Reasoning and Situational Judgement. (NEW STRATEGIES ADDED)
- The most effective approach for practising sample questions and mock exams.
- Recommended UKCAT practice books and how to use them (UPDATED)
- Recommended UKCAT practice tests and how to use them. (UPDATED)
- Recommended UKCAT courses and how to get the most out of them (UPDATED)
- Advance tips, tactics, and techniques for boosting your studying efficacy
- More exclusive content from my blog, theukcatblog.com (MORE ADDED)
This year I’ve included additional features to help take your UKCAT preparation to the next level. They include the following
- Private Facebook Group: Exclusive assess to the 2018 UKCAT BLOG Facebook Group – opportunity to get support from other applicants applying in the same cycle.
- THE UKCAT BLOG Podcast: Free access to THE UKCAT PODCAST to help with boosting your UCAS application and preparing for the UKCAT.
- 30-Day Study Plan: You can also enroll in a 30 day preparation challenge with the 30-day study plan.
Pre-Order your copy of the 2018 Edition today and get 25% OFF (Offer Ends Soon)
FOR ONLY £7.99
Pre-Order Today & Get 25% OFF (Limited Time Only)