Applying to dentistry can be an intimidating process, with thousands of candidates applying each year for limited spaces, give yourself the edge with these must-read books.
We spoke with 10+ first year dental students to get their recommended books for applying to dentistry. Here were some of the most popular picks:
1. Getting into Dental School by Adam Cross
The dental application process is tough and very competitive. The Getting into Dental School series covers every aspect of the application process, from writing a winning personal statement, to interview techniques and career prospects, it has all of the essential information that future dental students need to secure a place on the course of their choice.
2. A UKCAT Practice Book
Some UKCAT practice books do a great job at replicating the breadth and depth of the different types of questions that can be asked in the UKCAT. All of the dental students we spoke to recommend picking a practice book to gain familiarity with the test. We have read over 11 UKCAT practice books check out our shortlist.
- Get Into Medical School – 1250 UKCAT Practice Question by ISC Medical. Buy From Amazon.
- The Ultimate UKCAT Guide – 1250 Practice Questions by UniAdmissions. Buy From Amazon.
- Score Higher on the UKCAT – 1500 UKCAT Practice Questions by Kaplan Test Prep. Buy From Amazon.
3. Dental School Interview: Questions And Answers by Dr Ravi, Dr Patel and Ms Veena Babu
This is good dental interview book, it covers thousands of questions and provides tips and strategies for providing compelling answers. Questions cover everything from tackling the MMIs, ethics, personal qualities, NHS and more.
4. Multiple Mini Interviews (MMI) for UK Dental Schools by Mirian Coll
This is another helpful interview book specifically focussed on tackling multiple mini interviews (MMIs). The book tackles over 300 commonly asked MMI questions with full explanations so that you are fully prepared. Mirian covers everything from ethics, NHS issues, background knowledge and more.