It took me three attempts at the UKCAT to realise that the key to passing the exam is by identifying your weakness as early as possible. Day 1 to Day 3 of your preparation should solely focus on identifying which sections of the exam (verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, decision making or abstract reasoning) you struggle with the most then using resources such as books and courses to improve your reasoning skill.
Unfortunately there are a lot of UKCAT books to choose from, and I do not recommend buying every single one. Instead take the time to read customer reviews, student feedback’s and decide on the most suitable book for you.
If you are looking to improve your skill on a specific section of the exam, find below a quick summary of the best UKCAT books for each subtest. These books in my opinion offer the most helpful content in their related areas.
The Best UKCAT Books For Each Subtest (2019 Entry)
|Verbal Reasoning||Score Higher On The UKCAT – 1000 Questions||Very good! helpful strategies and tips for improving the most common pitfalls in the VR.|
|Quantitative Reasoning||The Ultimate Guide – 1250 Practice Questions||Very helpful approach to QR practice. Good strategies and every possible maths topic covered.|
|Abstract Reasoning||Get Into Medical School – 1250 Practice Questions||Loads of Practice Questions and possibly every type of Question.|
|Decision-Making||Official UKCAT Practice Questions||It’s Free – the most reliable way to practice questions for the new subtest.|
|Situational Judgement||GMC – Good Medical Practice||It’s Free – Has everything you need to improve understanding of medicine principles.|
These UKCAT books are written by experts, doctors and admission tutors, to give candidates the edge in the exam and significantly improve their score.
For a step-by-step guide to prepare for the UKCAT, check out my UKCAT study guide – I’ll show you step-by-step how to get the most out of the above UKCAT practice books and share the best strategy for practising questions. The 2017 edition was bought by 1-in-7 applicants in 2017 with 100% agreeing it helped improve their UKCAT score and 79% achieving their target score (see Testimonials)
You’ll learn everything from setting your target score to exam strategies for each section of the exam. Here is what you can expect to find inside:
- How to determine and set your target UKCAT score
- How to identify your weakest sections
- How to prioritise sections of the exam.
- Proven exam strategies and techniques to improve your skill in each section: Verbal Reasoning, Abstract Reasoning, Decision Making, Quantitative Reasoning and Situational Judgement.
- The most effective approach for practising sample questions and mock exams.
- Recommended UKCAT practice books and how to use them.
- Recommended online UKCAT course and how to use it.
- Recommended UKCAT seminar and how to get the most out of it.
- Tips, tactics, and techniques for boosting your studying efficacy
- Exclusive content from my blog, theukcatblog.com
This year I’ve included additional features to help take your UKCAT preparation to the next level. They include the following
- Private Facebook Group: Exclusive assess to the 2018 UKCAT BLOG Facebook Group – opportunity to get support from other applicants applying in the same cycle.
- THE UKCAT BLOG Podcast: Free access to THE UKCAT PODCAST to help with boosting your UCAS application and preparing for the UKCAT.
- 30-Day Study Plan: You can also enroll in a 30 day preparation challenge with the 30-day study plan.
Order your copy of the 2018 Edition today and get 25% OFF (Offer ends Soon)